If you are in a recovery process from disorder use of a substance, then you already know how hard you try to get there. Of course, you want to do any possible means to help yourself from the recovery process. One of the best advice from the luxury sober living experts to those alcoholics in maintaining sobriety is not drinking any alcohol or avoiding going to meetings and any celebrations. If this advice is effective for you, then you can do this for good.
However, for some people, staying sober is not that so easy. That’s why they keep on thinking of some strategies to help you during the process. The more strategies that you learn, the higher the possibility that you can cope with your stress and handle your new way of living.
Alcoholics work together to achieve sobriety by means of the following things and strategies:
- Identifying personal triggers – If you identify the biggest factors or risks that trigger you to deviate from being sober, then you can eventually plan to avoid these triggers. Some usual triggers are relationship troubles, emotional distress, financial or job problems, and stress.
- Avoiding old habits and routines – One of the ways how alcoholics maintain their sobriety is by avoiding their old habits and routines. According to them, let bygones be bygones. If they have old habits of drinking more from their past days, then they usually tend to change their lifestyles now.
- Developing healthy relationships – To remain sober, alcoholics are trying to create a better world by building a healthy relationship with one another. As much as possible, they increase the factors on socializing rather than being alone or isolated in one corner.
- Developing a structured schedule – They develop a structured schedule on a daily or weekly basis and strictly follow their schedules. These structured schedules would somehow help them in achieving their goals in life – be it a short-term or a long-term goal.
- Practicing a healthy living – A healthy living for a new lifestyle is indeed very important to everyone who wants to maintain sobriety during the recovery process from the disorder use of alcohol. Alcoholics tend to change their approaches in life by doing regular exercise, making time for hobbies and recreational activities, regularly eating with meal-balance meals, having quality sleep, and practicing relaxation strategies such as mindfulness yoga and meditation.
- Focusing on the finances – If you’re active with your addiction for a longer period from your past days, then the tendency you may have developed some financial issues. So, during your recovery process, alcoholics tend to focus on their finances now. In this way, they will think about a better way of living rather than buying some alcohols to drink.
- Dealing with previous mistakes – They usually learn something out of their past mistakes. That’s why they are now trying to overcome and cope up with those issues for a new beginning.
- Finding balance in life – Everything should be in a moderate way. Alcoholics don’t need to push themselves to do things quickly. Instead, they gradually practice every approach and strategy to have a well-balanced way of living.